One of the best ways for you to further enhance your stay in a Hawaii vacation rental is to get a taste of authentic Hawaiian foods. Although there are plenty of these dishes you can savor, you can also choose to dine in one of the many restaurants in the island such as Lei Lei’s Restaurant, Keoni by Keo’s, and Kaka’ako Kitchen. But if you are hesitant to try Hawaiian dishes, you can always go for the other cuisines offered in Honolulu.
If you are on the adventurous side and you would like to taste local delicacies, it is best that you know what you are ordering. Since most of these dishes have names that are difficult to pronounce, there is no reason why you should not know what is in them. After all, you might have a strong allergic reaction to some of these dishes. If you do not know what is in these dishes, you might cut your vacation short and be rushed to a hospital.
Even if you are staying in a Hawaii vacation rental, that does not mean you should not forget that you are a tourist. This is why you should take caution of the foods you eat. Here is a list of the different foods being served in a luau and what is in them:
• Chicken Lu’au – Chicken cooked with coconut milk and taro or spinach leaves
• Huli-Huli Chicken – Barbecued chicken cooked with Huli-Huli sauce. The sauce is made from pure Hawaiian brown sugar cane mixed with fresh ginger, soy sauce, and more.
• Corn Chowder – A dish made with chicken stock, onion, potatoes, creamed corn and celery
• Haupia – A traditional dessert which tastes like coconut. It is best explained as a stiff pudding.
• Lomi Lomi Salmon – A dish made from tomatoes, onion and cold diced salmon.
• Pipikaula – Hawaiian version of beef jerky.
Because there is a diversity of culture and nationalities in the island, you will find that there are other tropical dishes you can get to taste. Other cuisines such as Filipino, Thai, Egyptian, Mediterranean, Indonesian, and Puerto Rican are readily available throughout Hawaii. Make the most out of your vacation not only by staying in a Hawaii Vacation Rental but by getting a taste out of authentic exotic dishes!