I am planning on becoming an elementary teacher and I want to move back to Hawaii and teach. I am currently taking courses for my Associates degree. I’m not sure which University I will be going to, I was thinking of either one on the mainland or in Hawaii? So which would be best to do? Mainland or Hawaii college? And also what is required to teacher in Hawaii? (Besides a BA)

You need to get your teaching license, and if it is an out of state license, you can then use that to get your Hawaii teaching license.
As far as which college would be better, that depends on your preferences as they relate to the size of the colleges, the location, their ranking, cost, scholarship availability, class size, length of time it takes to complete degree (at some colleges, education degrees tend to take an extra semester, for various reasons). Also, some areas prefer to hire local graduates, so that may also influence your decision.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *